Do I need a FCC Record Book for my BDA and DAS?

Tagged Under : , , , , ,

If you’ve recently had to install a Bi-Directional Amplifier (BDA) and Distributed Antenna System (DAS) to comply with new CA Fire Code 510, you may be asking what documentation do I need to or should I keep on file……..

Here is a helpful list you should consider to include in your Record Book for regulatory and maintenance needs.

The Minimum:

  • In Lieu of an FCC License – Post and keep a copy of the Authorization to operate on the Public Safety frequencies granted by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
  • A copy Test Results (annual) demonstrating compliance to the local indoor coverage requirements.
  • A Station Log identifying dates and pertinent details of any maintenance performed along with the name and address of the technician who did the work.

Recommended Additional Items:

  • Benchmark Test Data – (made prior to installing your indoor coverage system).
  • Pictures of the skyline from your rooftop.  (note: shadowing can be caused by new construction.)
  • Floor plans identifying the equipment and antenna locations and the cable routing for the DAS.
  • Detailed equipment and material list including Manufacturer Specifications and Warranty Data – (provided by supplier).

Keeping good records will make it much easier to stay in compliance and is extremely helpful for long term maintenance.


Facebook logo Twitter logo LinkedIn logo Email logo RSS logo